Thursday, August 25, 2011

The makings of a Cantwell Clan continued...




OK, So...It is now May 2010, and we are official Texans.  We have made the move to Tyler into an apartment with the intent of staying there for a year.  haha. Yeah right!  That didn't happen!  I am 5 months pregnant with little Emma Claire, and we feel like we are in the middle of a whirlwind!

We quickly get Gracie enrolled in daycare and Scott and I both commute to Shreveport to work.  Yuck. That's what happens when you sell your house MUCH sooner than expected! lol.  That's ok, though!  This "problem" was much better than being stuck with a house that wouldn't sell!  So we just rolled up our sleeves and did what we had to do!  In my spare time I am studying for the Texas pharmacy law test, so that I can get a job in this state!

So Funny!! She keeps up laughing! May 2010
cheese head!! June 2010

July 2010

so prissy  July 2010
hehe  August 2010

LOVE my boots!!  Aug 2010
So by August we have purchased a house.  So much for staying in an apartment for a year! ha!  We closed on Aug 3rd, and the race was on to get unpacked and settled by the time EC was born.  Somehow, some way....we got it done.  (I HATE unpacking!!!!  lol)

Before we knew it, it was time.  Our family would increase by one!  =))




Aunt Jo with her second niece! =)
Grammie and EC

Back when her hair was DARK!

Pappy's got his hands full!
So we stayed in the hospital exactly 24 hours and we begged to be turned loose!  So, away we went. Thankfully my parents and my sister came out to Tyler to help me out a bit.  It's a good thing because We had EC on Thursday, left the hospital on Friday, and Scott had to go back to work Saturday night.  Boo.  =(

Gracie had a ball playing with Gram and Pap, though.  They definitely bring out her wild side!!

Not exactly tickled about the bath

Ahhhhh....that's better.  The swaddle

Gracie was enjoying pappy's shoulder

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Peek-a-boo!

proud Grammie

Things are INSANE at our house!!  After Grammie and Pappy left I thought I was NOT going to make it on my own!  The routine took a little while to work itself out with two babies, but before I knew it, we were good!!

Scott and I made the decision that I wouldn't return to work.  I was going to stay home with our little gifts from God.  I dare say, that was one of the best decisions we made.  It was SO hard at first, because I've been so "career-minded" for SO long, and I honestly wasn't prepared for how difficult it is for a stay-at-home mom!!! I was expecting fun and playtime and parties and playdates.  HA!  The reality check came quick!  I wouldn't trade my time with our babies for anything in the world!

EC had terrible colic.  It started about week 4 or so.  Nothing, and I mean nothing, could pacify her.  That was probably the hardest of the hard times.  I'd get EC good and asleep after the LONG night just in time for Gracie to wake up!!  I was begging to go back to work! lol.  Thankfully, those colicky days passed, even though I was sure they'd last forever!

2 weeks old
sweet baby

October 2010

Gracie's first haircut

do you like my mohawk?

well....she found the oreos--October '10

She apparently likes to be held upside down! lol

This is one of my all-time favorite pics of G

So peaceful =)

hehe  I have flashbacks of Urkel


Gracie's first fair!  This was the ONLY ride she could ride. =(



October 2010

 
pappy and EC.  So sweet--Oct '10
I promise G isn't choking her sister! lol--October '10

being sweet!

So, I have a ton of super cute pictures of the girls from October-November with them dressed in fall clothes, taking pics with the pumpkins and dressed in their Halloween costumes and of Thanksgiving.  Unfortunately, I have been searching for the disk for, oh....about 3 months now to add to this blog.  **Sigh**  I suppose I should just move on.....


November '10

sweet daddy! November '10


Haha.  She LOVED the "snow"  Dec 2010


EC is bundled up and ready to GO! Well, except for shoes

We took G on a horse-drawn carriage ride in Jonesboro

Wild eyes!!


My sweet girls

Say WHAT??


Funny face pictures!!  G obviously missed the memo--Christmas '10


Starting to get the hang of this gift unwrapping business....sort of

I LOVE this pic from my parents

EC is entralled


Trying out the new tricycle!


Wrestling with cousin Ryan

Sweet cousins!

More wrastlin'

Paige, Ryan, and Gracie

Sweet Ryan shares his cookie!

Our little princesses



Obviously something exciting

I turn my back for ONE minute!!

My sweet girls- Jan 2011

That's good SUGAR!!!


What is this white stuff??


So pretty!

Another Scott, Jr

Snuggly giraffe

My Cindy Lou Hoo--Feb 2011


G LOVES the tractor at the zoo!

Wait....what just happened?

Sweet, sweet sisters

one of my favorites!

already a Saints fan!

Notice the furry shoes! lol


Cheese!!  Poor baby fell off her swing and scraped her face all up!

Sweet Aunt Jo sent BALLOONS!!!

Who's that kid??

I dunno, but she needs SUGARS!!









I think Adolph is terrified--April 2011




Awwww

Who's cool?  ME!!

Slaving in the kitchen making my own birthday cupcakes!!

Can I have some more bows, mom?


Here is where I SHOULD have some pics from G's second birthday.  Our hard drive (where those particular pics are stored) in not working.  I'll add those when Scott fixes it!!

Me and my sweet babies--May 2011

G loves her baby "Uh Claire"

Again....The zoo tractor!


lol



"Uh Claire...U hungy?"

G likes her green birthday boots!


Uh oh....someone's mad

little poser!

Ready to swim!!!


hehe

So we've been in Tyler for a year.  I can't believe it.  We have moved twice, had a new baby, struggled to deal with colic, and "reflux" (or maybe it wasn't), routine shifts, finding balance, and leaving the house without dad, and we survived it!  Whew!!!  It's been a GREAT year!!!!  Some people called us crazy for planning G and EC 16 months apart.  I am SO glad that we did it this way now!  They are starting to interact with one another and play and giggle! They are SO stinking cute!! Looking forward to so many more memories made with them and their daddy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment